My Books

Kindle Fire

Monday, May 29, 2017

California, here we come! Part Three

From San Francisco, we drove south to the wine country of Paso Robles, which also happens to be the area where some of my novels in my The Wine Lover's Daughter series take place and where I did quite a lot of research.




This time, however, we explored another venue. We drove east along Hwy 42 to the James Dean Memorial, the place where the young actor (only 24 years old) was killed in a car accident with his Porsche. There is a nice inn right next to it with memorabilia and photos of the actor. At the same time, a group of classic car fans were there as well. My nephew who is both a James Dean and a classic car fan was very happy about this.






The Paso Robles area has a lot of fun restaurants and shops and my relatives realized soon enough that clothes and shoes were quite a bit cheaper here than in Switzerland. So they shopped till they dropped, then relaxed in a restaurant or at the pool.




The following day, we headed south again to Santa Monica, checked out Hollywood (a must), and then drove to San Diego for a few days.

More to follow.

2 comments:

  1. You certainly took them to some great spots. Everyone looks so happy! San Diego is one of my favourite American cities so I look forward to that post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Darlene! I used to live in San Diego. It's also the city of my Alma Mater. I studied at UCSD (University of California San Diego) and have happy memories about this place.

      Delete